Welcome to the Sixth Form at Moorland
Our academic excellence places us in the top 1% of the most successful schools in the UK.
Why you should choose Moorland 6?
- A brand new multi-million pound boutique style living accommodation and classroom facility built in 2010.
- Sky television and Wi-Fi enabled site.
- Access controlled doors for extra security, as used by HSBC bank.
- Separate and joint girls/boys common area plus drinks area.
- Free gym membership, and a monthly exclusive salon visit.
- Daily transport arranged into town.
- A two minute walk into the market town of Clitheroe, home of quaint coffee houses, stylish shops and restaurants.
- Treated as adults, a place where your ideas are valued and respected.
- No official uniform, all students wear smart dark business suits.
- Dress down Fridays, finish at 12 noon.
For those parents already aware of Moorland and our teaching team, I believe that you will know exactly why Moorland is the right environment for your son or daughter.
In our experience of Sixth Form teaching, students are lectured at and not taught. At Moorland, young minds will be taught in small class sizes not exceeding 15 students. All subject matter will be thoroughly explained and students will be set appropriate coursework and homework to complete. Whilst we appreciate that our students are now young adults, they will still need reasonable pressure to be applied to ensure that they complete work to deadlines and achieve their true academic potential.
Students will be expected to be punctual to all lessons and attendance will be strictly observed. Unlike other Colleges and Sixth Forms, all study time will be structured, and directed by a professional teacher.
As a former Moorland School pupil myself, I can only say how proud and privileged I feel to be able to represent past and present pupils, as well as our parents, teachers and the local community which we serve.
- Mr Jonathan Harrison - Headteacher